Friday, September 5, 2008

WALL-E

This is not a movie blog and hence thou shall not find WALL-E reviews encrypted on this page.. But then, i wanted to write a post a couple o' weeks ago titled 'Jaane Tu... ya jaane na', in reference to the day when I lied to my mother(first time) and went to the movie with a friend, and yeah, the post never came and thus lost its 'charm'. Felt this post must have the movie name, because the movie was the end product of a tiresome afternoon.

Woke up with a start, feeling the pinch of the newly bred monsters all over my body.. the mosquitoes were at it again aided by the loss of power, the only time the government projected their punctuality. It was a holiday(courtesy Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who once upon a time in once upon a time India was a teacher/vice president/president and hence eventually his birthday came to be known as teacher's day) and i had to start my day quite early! Coffee and Mahabharata(the book) hand in hand, I worked my way through the early hours and in the course of time was helped by ten sports.. Novac v Roddick live.. Nole as he is called kicked Roddick's ass eventually..

Then, the minutes swam across completing several laps, engulfing me into deep thought. It got to 10.45pm.. and I remembered my appointment.. On came the black bob marley t-shirt.. and my pep hit the trafficked roads.. first stop: the satyeki palace.. the genius and i were off once again and then we were stuck in the godforsaken G.N.Chetty Road.. Reason..?? The side fiddle man was in town..! Sorry, but thats what I've been calling the nation's Prime Minister since yesterday when I was stuck in traffic near the airport just because the Prime Minister was arriving by flight, and taking the next helicopter to Pondicherry..! Y were the bloody roads blocked when all the action was on the runway..!?!?.. And to top it all, posters were hanging everywhere.. posters of the Azzurri(Italian) woman.. posters in which the Prime Minister was of no relevance.. he was dumped into a corner to be more precise.. Anyway, back to today.. It took us more than 30 immovable minutes to move out of that place.. British Council awaited my return.. Entered the wonderland after 2 long years.. Hardly had time for a glance because it was already 1:00 pm.. WALL-E beckoned. Rushed out and back on Anna Salai.. Sathyam Cinemas was just a minute away.. One U-Turn in the next signal was all that was required..

Catastrophe hit us when we least expected it. We waited and waited to take the U-Turn.. But the option was unavailable, and there weren't any vehicles approaching from the other side either.. It struck me then.. Side Fiddle man and the Azzurri girl were about to go by.. And then came one car.. and then another.. 'Ambassador'.. 'ikon'.. they kept alternating.. and occasionally a 'Mercedes' caught my eye.. What a big convoy.. and what a waste of time..! Whoz gonna shoot down poor Manmo, the most educated leader in this country..

After the convoy raced away, we were all waiting for that U-Turn.. It never came.. The wonderfully efficient traffic police said.. "No U-Turn.. Go Straight.." and thats exactly what I did.. straight, straight, straight... And then suddenly, into view came a tower, with a board on it saying 'Doordarshan'.. Funny.. thats supposed to be near the marina..! I drove ahead.. and then came to face the beautiful Napier Bridge.. Marina on my right, it was a beautiful sight.. Drove on.. and I came to the 'end' of the Super Marina road... At long last.. took the desired U-Turn, one which I should have taken some 3kms ago.. But yeah, in the end, I was able to enter the gates of Sathyam.. Wasted Rs.10 on parking yet again.. They could give me a season ticket instead..

Satyeki went his way, in search of tickets that he never possessed.. I had already booked mine, courtesy Fuel Card.. Ash was already waiting for me.. Rushed to collect my tickets from the window.. and we got inside Serene.. The Movie had started..!! I cursed the Prime Minister once again..! The Rabbit and the Magician on screen were rocking the theatre.. and it ended..! Abruptly..! Was just some trailer.. which had been going on for some 10 mins.. And then.. 'Walt Disney'.. 'Pixar'.. 'WALL-E'..!!!

No comments about the movie except for the much deserved final verdict: "A Class Apart..!!"

Started from Sathyam, and chose the bad option of hitting the 'psbb' area.. Reminiscence prevailed.. School beckoned.. Teachers day wishes were to be delivered.. the phone buzzed at that very moment.. It was my friendie 'jan-e'.. she wanted company to get to school and meet the gurus of psbb..! My art of avoiding things and people has reached great heights these days and this helped me convince her that I wasn't worth the company.. the actual reason though was that I didn't want to step into the school, atleast not for now..

And then 'Buzz..!!' WALL-E got back into my head..

7 comments:

rt said...

teacher's day a college holiday ?!?
begining a holiday with mahabaratha?!? what can i say, oh, what can i say.. :D

barry said...

college of insanity.. so never mind..!

and yeah.. m quite a book worm these days and i felt it disgraceful an act to not know our own great epic, hence started reading it, n m gonna finish.. :D

Unknown said...

Best part was Azzuri.. Though many won't understand.. :D

barry said...

@sidharth- thats y i put the word Italian within parenthesis.. :)

CkisgoD said...

me yet to catch up on Wall-E.. heard its gr8.. unfortunately v guys wer at coll cutting cakes on Teacher's Day :o
(ice vechifying for gud internal marks) though i was not in the gang of planners..
nice post, man.. ur college is insane.

and forgive my annoying habit of reading posts really late.. :D

Aniruddh said...

great post..your best yet...
you forgot the shabby hotel peninsula with scantily clab female murals..and stop referring to a certain person as a genius..believe me i know him thoroughly ..he is quite dumb to say the least..

barry said...

@ck - internals come automatically for us at college.. :D minimum is alwayz 15 or 16.. and yeah, i dun bother about whether you read mine on time or not, just make sure u put up your comments.. and yeah.. most importantly, please keep posting something on your blog..!

@satyaki - ok genius, wont call you genius anymore.. you are classified under the category of 'marks don't matter, only knowledge does'.. mdmokd in short.. and yeah, forgot to add the peninsular piece of news..!