Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Chosen One


Life has brought out the poet in me

As amateur as it may seem
But every day in this world
I learn something more about that which I behold

I think about my glorious past
When every joy just seemed to last
But then my life just turned a mess
When I lost thy, my charming princess

Remember those days when we used to walk
Hand in hand, through the dark
I used to wish for endless roads
For, I never wanted to leave your hold

You cried to me and I wiped your tears
Together, we killed all those fears
But then, you thought my work was done
Maybe, I just was not your special one

Your exodus hit me like a dart
Your rudeness broke my human heart
And the guy who was so sincere
Felt no longer like a prince here

You chose to mail those priceless things
Back to the one with the broken wings
But still, I hold your one treasure
My love for you, it does measure

Little or large, I had a dream
Just a mirage, now it may seem
Those tears of mine now sear with pain
As I call out to you, but just in vain

And then you got so starking mad
When you spoke, to this good ol’ lad
But what you had just failed to see
Was, you were facing a broken me

Time went on, so did the months
Never heard from you, not even once
Then I, who once was a crippled soul
Learned to walk, without your supportive hold

And then came up that special word
A word so very commonly heard
I can tell you that it rhymes with pope
Yes my friend, its good old ‘hope’

Success, failure, I saw it all
To reach the top, I had to fall
I’ve learned what life is all about
Marching on I am, without a doubt

I’ll definitely make it big someday
I’ll dedicate it all to you anyway
I ‘hope’ I make it with you then
Forever, you’ll be My Chosen One!

8 comments:

Sid ! Football Freak ! said...

Too good a poem mate..

Totally ripping one..

barry said...

thanks a lot man.. you can expect more such poems in the near future..

Unknown said...

awesum poem....!
reeeeeeeely touchin..!!!!
keep it up..!
keep rytin more nd more..

enigma said...

no words!!...simple n splendid!!!

OIEFRE said...

SO true !

- KMaX

OIEFRE said...

Remember those days when we used to walk
Hand in hand, through the dark
I used to wish for endless roads
For, I never wanted to leave your hold


:)

Reeli good :)

Shriram said...

Bravo !!... nice bit o attitude Bar!!... :) ... stands out..!

Unknown said...

my god..wat a poem..relli touchin..